ADCOM GFR-700 - First impressions

Username: Ogvenk

Post Number: 1
One word - sweet!

I think my search has ended for the next few years. I finally decided to splurge and bought this unit even though there are very few reviews out yet.

I was a bit sceptical that the price difference would be justified. No more.

This unit is heaven-made for the Maggies. Clearly a level above the NADs, Rotels, Outlaws, etc. While all of these can provide the power with cleanliness the Adcom can, there was something missing in all of them for me whether they were bright/dull/neutral/whatever - musicality, the intangible that keeps you listening for ever and ever without a single jarring moment where you feel every note and timbre. The phrase "not a mean bone in the body" comes to mind when listening to this competent and well designed piece of equipment.

I swapped out my entire lineup of electronics and now have the new Marantz 4001 CD changer for audio and the Oppo 971H for video. For a total of about $2400, I finally found a set up that does very well in both audio and video.

It is a lovely looking unit too.

More details after I get through a couple of weeks
of experience.

Bronze Member
Username: Mortal_one

Canada

Post Number: 48
WOW! Now that is a Home Theatre Receiver!

I do not think you can fault that unit, just massive and beautiful.

That unit looks better than the Arcam. I do not think you can do better. Have you auditioned them against each other? If you every take some pictures of it let us see them, the build quality looks great.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 4333
Venk, there is a lot to be said for a perfect match. If you have found yours(looks like it), then hats off and good listening!

Let us know.

Nice unit....really nice!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us