Martin Logan

Bronze Member
Username: Tommyv

Rowlett, Texas

Post Number: 56
i was wondering what the people on this forum think about martin logan speakers in general and specifically the Mosaic and Montage floor speakers. the hi fi shop in plano sells them and the guy who owns it told me that the montage speakers are a commonly over looked great performer in that price range. i havn't had a chance to test them out yet.

Silver Member
Username: Stefanom

Silver Spring, MD United States

Post Number: 204
Martin Logan is definately in the higher end of the speaker business. However, they have a *different* presentation from most other speakers. You might love them, as many do; conversely, you might well hate them, as many do too.

Be warned though that they do like a strong amplifier.

Username: Gavdawg

Post Number: 9
that is not necessarily true that MartinLogan requires a powerful amp. The Montage and Mosaic can be driven quite well by a good quality reciever.

I will agree with what the owner of the shop said, but I am partial to the planar sound. Like Stephen said, many love them, and many love to hate them.

However, please don't drive them with something like a sony or denon. If you chose to drive them with a reciever (if you buy them) it should be something like Rotel or Outlaw Audio. These speakers are good enough to show off any weakness upstream.

Silver Member
Username: Jonmoon

Post Number: 235
I would go with the Mosaic over the Montage (ATF for high and mids with a larger woofer as opposed to one ATF for highs and mid and two mid-size aluminum speakers for mids and lows) if you can. They are on sale either at Tweeters or Magnolia (in Best Buys) for about $1000 which is a nice price. Completely agree with Gavin -- they were built to play with mid-fi receivers but the speakers love power and will sound noticeably better with a nicer receiver. NAD works fine with them too.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us