Crossover frequency

Bronze Member
Username: Mgkaplan

Calabasas, CA USA

Post Number: 25
The following question was also posted on the "Receivers" message board:

I have a question regarding crossover frequency in the "Speaker Settings" menu on my NAD T763 reciever.

First, all speakers are set to "Large." (Paradigm Studio 40 mains. Paradigm Center. Sonance Rears.) The crossover dial on my subwoofer (also Paradigm) is set to 50Hz.

What do I set the "Crossover Freq" to on my receiver?

Thanks

Username: New2ht

Post Number: 7
You really should set all speakers to "Small" including the mains (studio 40) and the crossover freq on your receiver to 80hz. Bypass the crossover on your sub or open it up all the way to 140hz. I would recommend setting the mains to large ONLY if you were running real "full range" speakers like the Paradigm Monitor 90P. In other words, a speaker that is capable of delivering authoritive lows. The studio 40 is a great speaker, but you would be expecting too much (in the low freq range) from a bookshelve by setting it to "large". Does your NAD allow you to set the subwoofer mode to "LFE+MAIN"? If so that would be another route to go if you really insist on running your mains "large".By using this setting, the low freq signal range of channels set to "large" are produced simutaneously from those channels and the subwoofer channel.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us