HK 635 keep freezing up

Username: Jobzeeker

Post Number: 4
Please help!!!
Today I tried to run the EZset on my avr 635 multiple times without any success. Every time I ran the auto setup the screen would froze after the subwoofer emitted the test tone. Then the screen would freeze with this message below:

WARNING!!
during measurement,
please maintain silence
while several loud sound
bursts are heard.

When the screen freeze the remote control does not work nor the buttons on the receiver. The only button that would work is the main power switch behind the flip door.

I tried to reset the system many times that would not help. I also unplugged the power cord let it sit then tried to re run the test still that would not help.

I am much appreciate for any suggestion or help.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 4296
Samm, at first blush that sounds like a programming issue, not something you have done.
I don't know your unit, but if it is upgradeable(rs232 port?) my call would be to the maker, looking for a reload.

Gold Member
Username: Kano

BC Canada

Post Number: 1090
Does the receiver still freeze up when making standard test tones? If not a simple fix would be to calibrate using an SPL meter - this will provide more accurate results than EzSet.

To reset the unit hold the Surr. Mode and Tun Mode buttons down at the same time.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us