Receiver for Paradigm Monitor 7's - Denon 3805, NAD 753?

Username: Bobby29

Post Number: 10
Hello all. Well, after changing my mind about 50 times in the last month, I have decided to purchase Paradigm Monitor 7's along with the CC-370 center. I'm currently using a Klipsch RSW-12 sub, and some very small Klipsch quintet rears (to be replaced, prob with the Mini Monitors). I'm about 70% HT, but the reason I'm upgrading everything is for a better 2 channel music experience.

Now, I know everyone likes the NAD/Paradigm combo, but I heard them paired with a Denon 2 channel receiver, and they sounded very good. I have narrowed to the following choices-

1. NAD 753
2. Denon 3805
3. Rotel 1055
4. Marantz 7300ose

I have ruled out Integra and Elite, and in an a/b test of the Denon and the Yamaha 2400, the Denon killed it with 2 channel music, so the Yammy is out. Overall impression on this board is that the Marantz/Paradigm combo may be on the dull side. The Rotel is also more expensive (even as an older model)

So why don't I just buy the NAD? Don't kill me, but I am worried about reliability issues. My NAD dealer is in DC (I'm in Baltimore), so it's not that easy for me to be returning units for the first 30 days until I get one that's perfect. I really want to give NAD a chance, but this new Denon is also really nice.

Anyone here have this new Denon 3805? Any feedback would be great!!

Bronze Member
Username: Paul_t

Post Number: 63
Rob you won't go wrong with any of these combos... I have Paradigm Studios 20v3s and bought the NAD T752 last November and haven't had a regret.. My pecking order would be for the Paradigms in your list would be if money was not a issue..
1. Rotel 1055
2. NAD 753
3. Denon 3805
4. Marantz 7300ose
One thing, Marantz may be a bit too laid back for the pardigms so I might cross that one off my list completely.. good receiver just not a good match,,,, Good Luck :-)

rmihai
Unregistered guest
NAD 753 or Cambridge Azur 540R
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us