Luxman R-115 And Rotel RX-830

Username: Wasserman12

Post Number: 5
I have the option of buying either of these two receivers for $100. First off, is this a reasonable price, and secondly, which do people think is the better deal? I'm only using it in conjunction with a turntable. I'm looking to buy some of higher than normal consumer quality and do it for about $100. What do you think?
Is this Luxman from their low-end period, or before their downturn?

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 4283
http://audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=36833

The search for rx30 got me a russian sub or something.(underwater type).

Username: Silverlake

Post Number: 2
I have owned a R-113 since it was new in 1988 and love it. The R-115 and R-117 was produced the same years and was the next step(s) up (as a starving college student I could not afford either of them) Anyway.... my R-113 was rated at only 35W per channel but has always CRUSHED almost any amp/receiver I (and all my friends)have ever owned as far as efficiently and beautifully moving speakers! One of my housemates in college was raving about his 100W Kenwood (circa 1990) and we took a turn hooking them both up to the same set of speakers to see what would be the "house system" It took about 3 seconds to see which receiver won. About 2/3 volume level is all I have been able to handle, and the clarity.... Oh the clarity! Anyway, that is my input and my receiver still gets regular use in my shop/shed!

-SilverLake
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us