Soundblaster Audigy Gamer to Sony STRDE885

Anonymous

Actually, a complete walkthrough would be of utmost help here. The inputs for the Multi Channel Direct (which I successfully used before I reformatted my HDD) input on my Sony STRDE885 receiver are as follows:

o L o o center
o R o o subwoofer

As it was previously hooked up, I had three separate pin to rca adaptors running from the back of my card. The back of the Audigy Gamer card looks like this:

____
| | O O O O O

I have the previously mentioned pin adaptors from ports 1, 4, and 5 going to my receiver. (the o symbols diagrammed above, numbered from left to right, each representing a port on the card.)

I realize that it is difficult to visualize the setup, but hopefully someone will know what I'm talking about, and what I hope to acheive.

Thank you in advance for your response.

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 120
I dont realize what is your problem. If you've done it before and it worked, how can you not do it again.

Three minijack to 2xRCA cables from the soundcards front, surround and c/sub to the receivers 5.1-in. Read to Audigy help to find out wich plug is wich if you dont know it.

Complete Moron
Unregistered guest
I guess that I was wondering if anyone had a similar setup and experienced problems. I even plugged a pair of headphones into the output jack (and changed all relevant settings) and got nothing. Anyone heard of this?

Complete Moron
Unregistered guest
I am a complete moron. I now have sound coming out of all four speakers and the sub, so that's good. The only problem now is that when I play songs using Winamp I can hardly hear the vocals. If I put the balance all the way to the right or left it sounds much better than if I leave it in the middle. How can I change this so that the vocals are consistent? Do I have to change some settings in the Winamp EQ?

dennis
Unregistered guest
Have you hooked up with the centre speaker?

Complete Moron
Unregistered guest
I thought that the center channel was bad with music?

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 135
Are you listening to music in stereo or in some multichannel format? Maybe you have selected the CMSS/CMSS2 dsp from the EAX-panel and it changes your music into 5.1.

If you dont have a center speaker you must calibrate the Audigy so that it does understand that and does play the center sounds from the left and right channel.

But if possible try to listen stereo music in stereo, it is best that way.

Username: Pedanticwit

Post Number: 2
I would like to have the center sounds come out of the left and right speakers. When I change the output settings to four speakers, however, I lose both the sub and the center channel. How do I keep the sub and lose just the center channel? More specifically, the Creative Surround Mixer offers the following speaker setup choices: 4 speakers, 2 speakers, 5.1 speakers, and headphones. The only one that seems to account for the sub is the 5.1 setting. Thank you for your patient, continued help.

dennis
Unregistered guest
If you are not using the Creative speaker systems, the sub-woofer won't be active on stereo in analog connection.
Try using 48khz digital out then upmix to all channel stereo.
I have my Audigy 2 ZS connected to marantz SR7400 in both digital and analog connection.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us