Complete system new; need sub help

Anonymous
First off, thank you everyone on this site including Phil and h1pst3r among others, everyone has been helpful.

Here is the scenario, I am assembling a new system for my move into new living space. I bought an HK AVR 325, and am planning on using Infinity SM 120's that are approximately 8-9 years old. I have always liked these speakers. I am trying to decide on a sub right now, and am looking very seriously at the HSU VTF-2. I like it for it's sub $500 price and positive reviews in other forums. Any objections or advice?

I have looked at the SVS but they seem fairly new to the box sub game and I am disinterested by the tall cylinder. Any advice is appreciated, currently only receiver and front channel speakers are set.

Thanks

Derek
You've hit the two best sub values. I've owned the VTF-2 and was very happy spending only $500 for it. I'm sure the SVS subs are worth every penny as well.

You should be able to find an Infinity center and small salelites for surround easily. Try to find speakers with similar tweaters to the ones you have now.

Hope this helps.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us