NAD C270 vs. Outlaw Monoblocks (pair)

Anonymous

I've heard the NAD and thought it sounded pretty good, but have never heard the Outlaw's. Anyone heard both or have any thoughts pro or con?

Silver Member
Username: Gman

Mt. Pleasant, SC

Post Number: 506
It depends on your speakers and how much power they require to operate optimally.

The NAD C270 is a 120 watt/channel stereo amp that can be bridged to a roughly 300 watt 8 ohm mono amp.

The Outlaw amp is strictly a 200 watt mono amp into 8 ohms and about 350 watts into 4 ohms.

The NAD C270 can usually be gotten at $399 on sale and the Outlaw at $299 for one amp and $574 for 2 amps and free shipping.

Both amps are fine and ideal for a variety of speakers. If I had one speaker that had an 8 ohm operating range from 50-175 watts or a 4 ohm speaker with an operating range of 75-300 watts I would get the Outlaw.

But if I had 2 speakers that were 8 ohm and had a range of 25-110 watts buying the NAD C270 strikes me as a smart purchase. Or one speaker that can operate at 8 ohms up to 275 watts, then a bridged C270 would make sense, although I can't imagine too many speakers fall into that category.

Basically, you want to buy an amp that almost never clips (preferably never clips) when playing your speaker as loud as it can play. You want your speaker to be the limiting factor---not the amp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us