Zone 2 amp

Bronze Member
Username: Tommyv

Rowlett, Texas

Post Number: 39
i need a 2 channel amp to power some speakers on my patio. I was looking at rotel because my reciever is rotel but id rather not spend $400 on an amp for my patio speakers. i found an AudioSource 160 watt amp that is like $200 on amazon, does anyone know about this amp? any other suggestions on a compact 2 channel amp thats less than $300?

Silver Member
Username: Gamerdude

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 192
Well theres allways the Sonic t-amp I'v heard great things about it and try a goodle search for the Audiosource amp and the same for the t-amp it is www.partsexpress.com for around 40 for the basic modle and 140 it thing for the audiophile modle

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 9190

If you're only driving a few pair of speakers off a dedicated selector switch, the AudioSource would work well. Alternatives would be the above mentioned T amp (reviewed in Stereophile this month) though the T amp is very low wattage and would require very efficient speakers when used for an outdoor application. The T amp really isn't suited to more than one pair of speakers. There are less expensive amplifiers you can build if you are interested in DIY, but they are more hassle than just buying the AudioSource. If you are not interested in appearance, you can pick up a used receiver for under $100 from numerous locations. Run your Zone Two outputs to the "Tape In" on a receiver and set the volume control of the receiver at maximum. This would allow you to control the volume from the main system and the receiver acts as not much more than a basic power amp.

Bronze Member
Username: Tommyv

Rowlett, Texas

Post Number: 41
its actually one pair of speakers on my patio. right now i have them wired into the reciever in my bedroom on the B channel. i am wanting to hook them up to my rotel reciever in the living room because for some reason when i have it on one of the music stations from my DirectTV the bedroom reciever has a delay so when you walk from the living room out to the patio the music is not synched up. my rotel reciever has zone 2 outs with independent volume controls but requires an external amplifier. i am wanting a compact stereo amp that will easily fit into my component cabinet in the living room. the audiosource looks like the best option i can find so far to fit what i need.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us