In ceiling speaker recommendations?

Username: Rooster99

Post Number: 1
After a ton of home renos, my wife has agreed to getting speakers installed in the ceiling of our kitchen (glad I got her to agree to pre-wire for them!).

My installer's guidance is to choose by price. He likes Sonance and Niles for good mid-price ($500-$700/pair) and Audio Research for low end ($150/pair), all figures $Cdn.

Any comments on the above, pointers to reviews, etc.? We love our musinc and designed the home for lots of entertaining, but this is still our kitchen, not the AV room. We don't mind spending decent $, but don't want to overpay either.

TIA - R.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 11120
Check out the architectural series from Athena and Axiom.

Silver Member
Username: Exerciseguy

Brooklyn, NY USA

Post Number: 484
Parts Express builds a very solid, very afforable line of in-wall speakers.

http://www.partsexpress.com/webpage.cfm?webpage_id=3&SO=2&DID=7&CATID=25&ObjectG roup_ID=379

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 1679
Have a look at the Speakercraft brand. They produce very good in-ceiling speakers (it's their specialty) which are more flexible than most since they have adjustable crossovers. Adjustable crossovers are particularly handy when you're not sure what the speaker is fitting into in the future (as in the case of in-ceiling).

Another brand worth looking at, particularly in your neck of the woods, is Totem Acoustic who are also Canadian.

I have heard Sonance on one occasion and I must say I was underwhelmed by the experience.

Regards,
Frank.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us