Sony DAV-S300

Username: Montecarlo01ss

Post Number: 1
purchased this 6+ years ago and just recently the dvd player stopped reading dvds, was wondering if i could replace the dvd player itself. i think this may be the part, not sure tho
http://www.partstore.com/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductSKU=1878809&ProductType=PART& ModelID=9145

Gold Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 1272
As a highly aggravated customer of a Sony DVD player (another model) who dealt with the same issue for 3 years and replaced the laser pickup twice, I would say you should cut your losses and buy another DVD player and amplifier and never look to Sony again.

Post Number: 2
haha so dont replace the laser huh? alright thanks, mine worked flawlessly for over 5 years, ive seen worse..

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 3562
Matt, you can buy a better DVD player than the one whose part you want to replace for less money than the part cost. Time for a replacement.

Post Number: 3
alright thanks, i picked up a new dvd player and im just going to use the optical input to still get the 5.1 surround sound until i can get a new receiver and speakers

Gold Member

Post Number: 1273
Make sure you put the DVD player in Digital Output mode so you can get the 5.1 surround.

Post Number: 4
how do u do that?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1276
Look into the setup menu.

If all else fails, read the instructions.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 4242
But only after blindly and madly flipping buttons and menus.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us