First Sub - Please Read

Silver Member
Username: W00b

Post Number: 209
Hey guys. I'm looking into purchasing my first subwoofer for my system. I've been looking at the Dayton drivers mainly, but the subwoofer isn't my main concern.

My current receiver has no sub-out or any type of output for that matter. However, my receiver is not exactly my "pre-amp". I have my system hooked up to my computer as follows:

sound card output -> EQ input -> EQ output -> Receiver input

The signal is actually controlled by my computer, which gave me a bit of an idea that may be able to solve my problem.. In my soundcard output I have an RCA cable, 1-male-to-2-male so it can go into my EQ.

My idea was to buy another 1-male-to-2-male converter, and a 1-male-to-2-female converter. I would hook the 1-male-to-2-female into my soundcard, and then hook the 2 1-male-to-2-male cords into both my EQ and into my Sub, which would deliver signal to both. My only question is if this would work or not.

Any other suggestions would be most appreciated!

Dustin

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 11078
What receiver is this?

Silver Member
Username: W00b

Post Number: 210
it's an AKAI AM-A70 .. I don't think you can find anything about it online because it's from 1984-ish and I think AKAI went out of business for awhile or changed something.

Silver Member
Username: Stefanom

Silver Spring, MD United States

Post Number: 177
It may work, but you could obtain a sub/plate amp that uses speaker line in connections; you connect the receiver to the sub w/ standard speaker wire connectors and then from the sub to your speakers. This would also cross your speakers over at a frequency of your choosing to reduce their burden somewhat.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us