Receiver to computer

Username: Bills

Athens, OH USA

Post Number: 4
I now have a new Harmon-Kardon HK 3380 to replace the Marantz that died. In order to connect the receiver to my computer I need an output connection from the receiver to cover all of my components - CD's , cassettes, phono, etc. . There is a Preamp Out; a Subwoofer Out or other audio outs also. Which one will work?

Bronze Member
Username: Dan_the_man

London, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 96
A regular input should just work fine. You need an output from the computer to an input to the reciever.

umm what i have done, which is very primative is buy a single stereo adapter and an inexpensive cable that accepts that adapter that splits into a regular red and white analog cable. I think i spent like $60 on the whole deal.

Its definatly not audiofile quality but in my opinion none of the files on my computer are close to having that quality anyways. I'm more of a mid-fi guy with the hope of going hi end someday anyways. When my friends are over drinking they can't tell the difference and its mostly for convience that anyone can play DJ anyways.

If you have a digital out on your computer sound card i would look into that; or even possibly upgrading to that option, espcially with that 3380 which i believe is a digital reciever. I hope that helps a bit.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 4180
tape out will route all to the computer.

Bronze Member
Username: Dan_the_man

London, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 97
i guess i kinda misread that one sorry guys
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us