Sanyo TPX2/ Buzzing issue

Username: Aar141

Post Number: 1
Hello,

Ive recently switched to a turntable setup without its own pre-amp. I have a Sanyo TPX2 and I purchased a Pfantone Solid State Pr-Amp for for her, with the basic knowledge I have. Got her hooked up with no problems, but whenever the turn table powers on, there is an instant feedback/buzzing in my speakers. I've tried messing with the settings on my receiver, but the noise is driving me nuts. All the wires are tight, all the assemblies seem in working order. Im at a loss here, I'm not sure what to do here. Any help would be appreciated. (Poor quality pre-amp?) It almost seems like the buzzing is there when i switch to my turntable input on my receiver (with turntable power off) then when i turn the turntable on, it amplifies the buzzing (this i all before the needle hits the record).

Austin

Bronze Member
Username: Stevestar99

Dahlonega, GA

Post Number: 45
There should be a green single wire that's attached to the TT's chassis and it should be attached to the pre-amp's case and to your receiver's case grounding post. If you don't have a grounding wire on the TT, add one. Take a wire from the receiver's G post and start touching it to different metal parts of the TT. You'll know when you've hit pay dirt.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us