Just bought Denon AVR-2807

Bronze Member
Username: Skasol

Post Number: 43
I need help, I come from a yamaha HTR-5590 and in order to get a satisfying sound I used to raise volume to -40, now with the denon after the set up I have to raise volume to -10 and lower, is this natural? are denon like this? thank you in advance, it's my first denon. speakers I have are the definitive technology BP7004's and CLR2300.

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 4572
Don't go by the number on the display, it's completely meaningless. Use an SPL meter from Radio Shack if you want to discuss volumes that the rest of us can actually know what in the world you're referring to.

Generally speaking though, yes the 2807 should be somewhat better quality than the Yamaha. An HK, Marantz, or NAD would have been even better though.

Bronze Member
Username: Skasol

Post Number: 44
thank you I appreciate the help and input, I don't have a big room, my room it's very small, I sit 8 feet away from the front speakers and tv, I didn't want to over kill it with a receiver.

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 4575
in that case I think the Denon should be ample for your needs. As long as it can go as loud as you want it to be without distorting, you're set. Pay no attention to the numbers on the display, they will vary widely from one make and model to the next.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us