Marantz SR7500 is freaking out!!!!

Username: Skipbo

Post Number: 1
Hey everyone,

Started a week or two ago when I tried to use the Multi (for multi room speakers) the receiver would start clicking, sounded like it was going on and off. Finally I just shut Multi and Multi speakers off on the receiver and didn't have an issue. Tried multi a few days ago and sound came out fine in another room so thought maybe it was just a fluke.

But....the other night while watching TV it clicked a few times and now it says CHECK POW5 on the display and won't do anything. I can't even get in the menu to try and take multi off. Tried unplugging it and resetting it, nothing. Everytime I turn it on (even by itself with no other signals going to it) it gives me this CHECK POW5 error.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any help.

Skip

Post Number: 2
No ideas on this huh? Just keeps saying CHECK POW5. Sometimes it actually starts to try and work but then BAM right back to that error.

Gold Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 1257
Skip my recommendation will be to contact Marantz and see what the deal it. It could either be a blown power supply or a board. Perhaps a main board reset will do the trick, but it sounds like it's hosed.

Post Number: 3
Thanks Stof, just got down talking with a Marantz Tech and there is a little white wire inside the unit towards the back that controls the power. It's been "known" to come loose. Thinks that if that gets put back the way it should be it's all good. Will keep this post up to date if it works so others will know in the future.

Gold Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 1259
I'm sure you know this already, but make sure you unplug the power before doing doing this. And yes please let us know.

Username: Vwake

Post Number: 3
Did re-seating the white wire solve the issue ?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us