Max power on my amp

Anonymous
i got 2 12 in bazooka subs. i also have a 600 watt jenson amp. i want to know how to get max power out of my amp. i dont know wich way to wire it to get max power.

Derek
In parallel if the amp can take it. Both subs positive tied together and both negatives tied together.

Anonymous
ok ill try it if you have any other ideas keep em comming

Anonymous
I GOT A 1200W AMP AND TWO 1200W 15" GERMAN SPEAKERS. IF I ADD AN 1.0 FAYAD COMPACITOR TO MY AMP WILL IT DRAIN 1 BATTERY?

dick hertz
yes, a capacitor is not a battery and not a cure all for power limitations. get a better alternator with higher amperage.

mike hunt
if you knew wot the hell you were doin it would be easier

Anonymous
I think that you got the wrong forum, this sounds like something for car audio, not home audio.

Anonymous
how do you bridge amps?

Jerry
To bridge an amp: Hook the speaker + up to one channel's +, tie that channel's - to the other channel's + and it's - to the speaker's -. Hook up the input to the channel that has the + hooked up to the speaker, and invert the signal (cross the + and - wires) and hook it up to the other channel's input. You're good to go. You will get 4 times the power because like lining up 2 AA batteries gets you 3v, lining amplifier channels gets you double the voltage. Because power = voltage squared / resistance and 2 squared is 4, then 2x voltage means 4x power.

But don't try this. It's very hard on an amp and would kill any that wasn't built to handle it. Any amp that is meant to be bridged will have a switch on the back that will internally hook up all the ins and outs accordingly, and there will be markings on it for how to hook up the input and speaker properly. The above describes a typical set up, but some amps can be and will be different. I only know what I know because I used test and repair amps that were bridgeable, and at times I had to do this internally as part of the repair.

Anonymous

I have 2 400W max subs and 2 300W Jenson AMPS( Bridged 400W). I just bought 2 more subs, both 500W max. I was just wondering if I could hook all 4 into the 2 AMPS?

Anonymous

You can but that would be more of a heat problem if you are puting the max on your amps you better make shore your amp is in a open spot so you don't cook it i think you probibly can if its a 4 channel amp and if you cross wired it properly.

Unregistered guest
Man, you all should just get those MTX class D amps, and a single amp will do whatever you want them to do. Just tell the seller what subs you have and he'll tell you which amp, and don't worry about it overheating or it not working properly, just hook it up right, and you got the best amp that exists.

Another amp I recommend is the Visonik amp, Class D, they are worth the money, and they can drive woofers strong.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us