Denon AVR-4306 good fit with KEF KHT3005 ?

Username: Seti

Post Number: 1
Would appreciate advice if the Denon AVR-4306 A/V Surround Receiver would match well with the KEF KHT3005 Home Theatre speakers? TX

Silver Member
Username: Hawk

Highlands Ranch, CO USA

Post Number: 946
I had a Denon 3803 and got rid of it within 6 months--it certainly wouldn't be my first choice. I found the sound, dull, flat and two dimensional. Worked ok on movies, but as a music system, it was really bad.

Instead, check out Harman/Kardon, Marantz, NAD, or Outlaw (www.outlawaudio.com) for those speakers (nice, BTW!).

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 1612
Or Arcam. At the price of the 4306 you should find there's an Arcam AVR which can fit the bill. The Arcams are the best performing AV receivers at this price for music in my opinion. They don't have the frills of the Japanese set such as auto-setup, but they really are a very involving listen. Their surround performance is also very good - right up there with the best.

The new KEF KHT3005 is very impressive actually, far better than expected.

Regards,
Frank.

Silver Member
Username: Hawk

Highlands Ranch, CO USA

Post Number: 955
Yes, I should have mentioned Arcam

Username: Seti

Post Number: 2
Hawk, Frank,
Thanks very much for your suggestions.
Still remains a difficult choice though as the amateur I am.
I made up my mind about two things: the KEF boxes and the Pioneer plasma 50'.
I am now looking to decide for an excellent A/V and DVD to complete the picture.
My priorities are for "excellent" video and "good" sound (both home theatre and music). Idealy both excellent if affordable. Want to be in the fast lane for video HD from all sources.
The Denon 3803 had an excellent review for both video/audio on hometheaterhifi benchmarks but Hawk clearly disagrees with the soundexperience.
Any further insight would be appreciated.
Take care & Thanks.
Geert - Brussels
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us