Is B&W DM602 worth the extra money (comp. to DM601)?

Username: Sorenp

Post Number: 3
Hi!

I auditioned the B&W DM601 S3 speakers a week ago and really loved the sound. I returned to the dealer yesterday to listen some more and was stupid enough to listen to the DM602 S3's as well.

I must say I was impressed by the extra bass of these speakers. I did however get a feeling that the 602's were a little less precise than the 601. Suspecting that this was due to lack of power I switched from the NAD C320BEE (I have one of these at home) to a NAD C352, with no result. I guess that the filing of less precission could be due a somewhat "crashed" tweeter on the left 602 speaker. I tried to listen only to the right speakers, but I found it hard to tell when only hearing "half" of the music...

Have any of you had the chanse to compare these speakers? What do you think; are the 602's worth the extra $160?

I guess, what I'm really wondering is: Are the 602's a great pair of speakers or are they just a pumped up 601 to satisfy those who crave a litle more bass dispite the price of loosing precission and overall quality?

Hm... this post wasn't very well written... perhaps reflecting my generall confusion (I'm into HiFi for the first time of my life). Anyhow, any help is apreciated!

Regards,
Soren

Username: Sorenp

Post Number: 5
PLEASE READ AND POST TO THE LATER OF THESE TWO NEARLY IDENTICAL POSTS!!!!

SOMETHING WENT WRONG WITH MY BROWSER AND SOMEHOW IT MANAGED TO POST TWO NEARLY IDENTICAL POSTS (THIS ONE BEING A PREVIEWED DRAFT). IM REALLY SORRY.

IF YOU HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO DO SO, PLEASE REMOVE THIS POST.

REGARDS,

SOREN
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us