Playing dvd audios on Kenwood 6060

Steve Smith
Does anyone know how to hook up a Toshiba 4800 dvd player to a Kenwood 6060 to play dvd audios? All movies play great surround sound sounds great, but I bought an audio dvd and was not impressed. Also the kenwood did not set itself automatically like it does on movies. Any help would be appreciated

Brian Anderson
You have to use the 5.1 channel out on the DVD player to use DVD audio. You cannot listen to DVD audio with the digital coaxial or optical cable, otherwise it will just send the Dolby Digital stream to the receiver, not DVD audio. So, you have to plug the 5.1 channel into the receiver marked 5.1 analog in, or something like that. Then, you have to change the output on the DVD player to 5.1 analog instead of the digital stream in the setup or options menu for the player, not the DVD. I have the same DVD player and a Kenwood receiver, and mine sounds unbelievable. I hope this helps. Just remember, DVD audio uses the analog connections, not the digital.

Brian Anderson
Also, there's an option on the Toshiba 4800 to set priorities for discs. Put the DVD audio as a higher priority than DVD video, that way there's no mistaking what disc is in there if it's DVD audio.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us