Nakamichi ZX-7

Username: Cabermac

Post Number: 1
Anyone out there with a Nakamichi ZX-7? I recently picked up one off of ebay and it is a fantastic deck. I had a question about the cassette well cover. It has a small opening to view the cassette and in most decks there is some sort of clear cover over this opening but on my ZX-7 it is open. There does not seem to be anything missing that I can tell but it does seem as if, for purposes of keeping dust out of the mechanism, a cover would have been prudent. Just wondering if any one has one of these decks and if this is normal. Thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Nottingham365

MA USA

Post Number: 32
Michael,

Post your query at www.naks.com and you will surely get an answer. Also, scan history for a wealth of information.

The ZX-7 has a great reputation.

Long live the analog cassette!

Ross

Username: Tomvergona

Post Number: 1
Michael:

I bought my ZX-7 in 1981 from The Federated Group in West Hollywood, CA. To answer your question, no, there never was a "clear" cover on the cassette well door to keep out dust. Go figure!

Anyway,I've used my NAK deck on a regular basis for the past 26 years and all I've ever had to do to it is clean the heads. It's a magnificent piece of engineering!

Enjoy and let me know if you need anything.

Tom vergona
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us