Help Needed in Connecting My Receiver To an Equalizer

Bronze Member
Username: Frank1203

Post Number: 30
Hello, I wasn't sure of the best place to post this question, so I thought I'd start here in the Receiver forum. I would appreciate some advice on a connection issue that I am having. Let explain my situation..

I have a 5.1 system in which I have a 5 channel Amp and a separate Surround Sound Receiver. My front speakers are bi-amped into the Amp (using 4 channels and the Center Speaker is also connected to the Amp utilizing the 5th channel all connected into the pre-out section of the receiver. My Surround Sound Receiver is powering the two Surround Rear Speakers only. Having said all that - here's the issue.

I just purchased the Surround Sound Equalizer for my system called the "Bijou" which has separate EQ settings for each channel within the for the entire 5.1 system. I cannot figure out how to make this connection so that the EQ controls ALL of the speakers. I can certainly wire the system to control anything currently connected to the receiver's pre-outs, but what can I do about the 2 rear surrounds which are fed directly into the receiver and go directky to the speakers? Someone suggested a Line level converter but I don't think thats my answer..

So, if anyone has any recommendation to get all 5.1 channels working on the EQ, I'd sure love to hear. I'm stumped. Thank you in advance.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 3925
Frank, do you have 5 in's and 5 outs on the EQ?
If so, stick it in line behind the cdp in analog.
If not, explain.

Bronze Member
Username: Frank1203

Post Number: 31
Yes, there are 5 ins and 5 outs, but I don't understand your idea because I want to equalize more than just a CD Player. Also, in reality, I have 2 CD players (1 is a 5 disc changer and the other is a DVD Player which also plays CDs). In your idea, how would I equalize DVD Movies or TV?

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 3934
I think you will need a switchbox for that one.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us