Which sub for 120Hz crossover? (SVS PC Ultra?)

Bronze Member
Username: Scot_m

Post Number: 16
Hello all. I'm still on the hunt for a subwoofer to go with my Paradigm Cinema 330 speakers. Based on reviews from people who have actually setup these speakers, I may need a crossover as high as 120Hz.

I'm thinking about an SVS PC Ultra because of its < 20Hz capability, small footprint and amp features. Based on user reviews for this sub though, I'm concerned about how well this sub will blend with my speakers if my crossover ends up being 120Hz. Be that as it may, I've had several people tell me that I can't go wrong with this sub. However, I've had others tell me that I should consider something else - something with better mid range bass that will "reach up" to my speakers.

The PC Ultra is $1149 + shipping and is the most I want to spend on a sub. My room size is 15W x 8.5H x 23L. This will be almost exclusively home theater use.

I'd like to hear opinions for or against. If against, what should I consider? Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Eib_nation

Ohio EIBville

Post Number: 87
Great choice:-)

You cant go wrong with that selection.

Gold Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 1759
I agree that 120 Hz is high and you will probably be able to localize the sub. If you were more concerned about listening to music, I'd be a little worried. But you will likely be fine for movies.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us