Mirage

Bronze Member
Username: Isujharris

Post Number: 19
What does everyone think of the Mirage home theater system? I was in Ultimate Electronics the other day looking for any Athena or Marantz stuff and they said "The highest end audio equipment we have here are Mirage, Denon, and Polk."

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 9396
API manufactured and designed Athena, Mirage and Energy speakers.

They are all great spakers, but you really have to listen for yourself.

What receiver are you using?

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 3784
New store, table 5

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
A Marantz SR4600

Bronze Member
Username: Pbdr

Post Number: 98
I have a Mirage 5.1 set-up. Omni 60 fronts and Omni sats for the center and surrounds, plus Wharfedale sub.

It sounds really good as far as I'm concerned. The imaging is good and the sound stage is excellent. Plus very detailed.

For the money, mirage is a good speaker.

That's my $0.02.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9494
I've listened to the Marantz/Energy combination...very nice!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
Will the Mirage OmniSat Omnipolar Speakers combine well with the Athena B1.2's that I'm planning on getting? I'm assuming they will because they're both made my API but wanted to make sure before purchasing.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
Anyone?

Silver Member
Username: Twebbz

Oakland Park, Florida USA

Post Number: 434
The Athenas are on the bright side. I would not pair them with Mirage. API products sound different. Athenas are bright, Energy is neutral.
I have not heard the OmniStats but the older towers I heard were mellow.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9579
Jordan,
Is there a way for you to listen to any of these speakers?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
Yes, Ultimate Electronics is where I saw the Mirage speakers. The Mirage Omnisats are very nice for the price but do not provide enough sound. This is where my question about combining them with the Athena B1.2's came in. On my limited budget, this setup seemed like a good idea, but Rick said they may not be a good combination together.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 3820
JH, some things are not meant for each other, like mustard and vanilla ice cream.
Do not discount much without hearing them, OK?
Except Bose. Discount them.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
Yeah, that's good advice. I just need to listen for myself.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9631
Now you're getting somewhere :-)

Listen and determine for yourself if you like the sound.

Silver Member

Post Number: 435
Jordan...As far as I know the Athenas are mail order only, at least in the USA. You could order them then send them back for a refund if you don't like them. Of course, you'd have to pay for shipping. Be sure to check the return policy for ANYTHING you buy over the internet. www.audioadvisor.com is a good source for Athena.

Silver Member

Post Number: 436
If you do try the Athenas, keep them for as long as you can before you decide if you should return them. Athena tweeters need time to calm down and the bass fills out too.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
Went and listened to the Mirage Omnisats last night at a local electronics store and was blown away! Those tiny speakers really put out a ton of sound! I think I'll take your advice Rick, and get the Athena B1.2's first. I dont have an enormous living room (12x17 maybe), so maybe I'll decide that I don't need much else for the time being. And yes, I plan on ordering directly from audioadvisor!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us