Active Subwoofer for Mini System?

Username: Punjabi_superman

United Kingdom

Post Number: 3
Recommendations please.

My system has 2 x RCA out. and I wanted to add a little thump to it.

Budget: £40-100.

Fair enough I cant shake the house but one corner of the room will do me.

Newbie.

United Kingdom

Post Number: 7
BUMP!

Could I get away with a PC subwoofer? I was looking at the creative range. I have a Creative 5.1 set on my PC and it sounds great.

Someone? Anyone?

United Kingdom

Post Number: 8
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/GB/EN,CRID=2173,CONTENTID=937 2

I was thinking that one. As it is £84 and blimey it is THX certified. I'd just run the sub. As I have a great pair of horns on my system. Or I could use both? The satellites and sub.

Does anyone have such a set up? There are a lot of mini and micro systems these days which come with a dedicated sub but my one did not. It is a Technics SDHD55. All round sound on the mid and highs but I want to hit those lows.

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 4386
I have the logitech z-2200 which is nearly identical and wasn't bad for the money as long as you keep your expectations low. Yes, I would also run only the sub, those sats are pretty bad.

Bronze Member
Username: Serniter

Piscataway, New Jersey USA

Post Number: 45
Is this sub comparable to any of the other budget subwoofers such as Athena AS P4000 or Mirage S8 or Dayton 10 inch?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 9185
No. Not even close.

United Kingdom

Post Number: 10
Thanks guys...

I was considering a Panasonic active subwoofer which is used in AV set ups... but on a budget so the Logitech it is... listen to it at low volumes anyway.

Bronze Member
Username: Fac3l3ss

Post Number: 29
might be a little more pricey but i found the klipsch pro media 2.1 was a great pc sound system
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us