Ohm acoustics FRS-11 speaker challenge!!!!!

Username: Garitone

Stevens Point, WI United States

Post Number: 1
Hey all. I am new to this site, but wanted a bit of advice. I just bought a pair of Ohm Acoustics FRS-11 (or 15, not sure yet) tower speakers from a local goodwill. I got them for $10 each in very good condition!!! My question is: how can I tell if I am getting the most out of them? I know they work (I hooked up a hellacheap RCA amp I got at Walmart--and yes, I am returning it--just something to test it while I am away from home). When I get back to my homestate, I will hook them up to my old AIWA to see if the EQ will up the bass a bit. If not, I may have to invest in a newer receiver (6 instead of 8 ohm).

I know I got a huge deal on these. Can anyone out there give me some suggestions as to how I can get the most bang for my (albeit few) bucks?

Also, if I go insane and have to sell them, what should I ask?

Thanks!!!

Linky:

http://www.ohmspeaker.com/store_item_detail.cfm?item_ID=55&cart_ID=81157399864

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 9146
A great deal indeed! Those are wonderful speakers, I have listened to them a few years back and I remembered it being very smooth and refined. They present great imaging.

However, I will not even try to hook them up to your Aiwa and play with the EQ, I doubt it can handle the load.

Bronze Member
Username: Cousin_it

Post Number: 49
I would suggest keeping the speakers and getting a quality amplifier (used or new).

Don't sell 'em! As a matter of fact, since you got them so cheap, someday upgrade them with Ohm's latest drivers They stand behind their products, always offering upgrades.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us