Klipsch or Polk for center speaker?

Username: Stevie6891

Post Number: 1
I'm creating a very basic startup home surround sound system to eventually grow. But for now, my question is do I go with the Klipsch Synergy III C-2 or the Polk CSI3B to go with my boston acoustic tower speakers, a sapphire sub, a couple older bookshelf speakers, and a pioneer receiver. Like I said, it's going to be my system so I know it's not top of the line... but for my dorm room it will be pretty nice. ha.
Any suggestions? polk or klipsch

Silver Member
Username: Stefanom

Silver Spring, MD United States

Post Number: 109
Any reason you don't want to go w/ Boston Acoustic to sonically match your front speakers?

Gold Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 1741
These are to be used as surround speakers?

I suggest you find a speaker that sounds most like your front speakers.

Gold Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 1742
In other words, what Stephen said...

Username: Stevie6891

Post Number: 2
It has been more difficult to find a Boston Acoustics dealer close to where I live, however I have emailed one asking about prices for the Boston line.

I've been told that Polk speakers run very similar to Boston Acoustics so I initially began looking at those due to the ease of shopping for Polk over Boston. And just recently I was looking around and found I could get a Klipsch center speaker for the same price as the Polk one. So I was just wondering which speaker would be better. It sounds as if I stray from the Boston Acoustics I should stick to something close, which would be the Polk.

Also, the Klipsch is regularly $50 more expensive than the Polk (and with a speaker that is only $200, that's a substantial amount) but it basically has the same specs. 1"tweeter and 2 5.25" woofers. Any reason that you guys know of for why the Klipsch is 250 and not 200? or is it just the brand name.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us