Need Advice, i'm new here!!!!

Username: Solar

Canada

Post Number: 1
Hello Fellas Audiophile!

Its My right here and i'm a music producer from Canada and i've been working in music since a little while now but still very young. To make a long story short, i've been working in my studio with Active MOnitors until not far ago that i opened my eyes thru Audiohile Hi-Fi monitors that i noticed a lot of Mastering Engineer use etc.. and i understand now why they do use Hi-Fi Monitor to beable to hear the real thing becayse they simply SOUND good. Not saying here that Studio monitor Nearfield etc.. arent good, of course not, I do myself have ones. But anyways, all that to say that i went to a very very nice Hi-Fi store that has crazy line of Amazing Hi-Fi monitors from "BW, JM Lab, Martin Logan, Paradigm, ProAC, Sonus Faber etc..? and had a listen to some Monitors and i was blown away. So since 2 days now, my head is spinning, i really loved the JM Lab Monitor 707 Series and i'm thinking of buying but the big question here i need to find myself a very good AMP that can translate well with the monitors.

So of course at the store the guy suggested me ATOLL Ampifier but too expensive right now for me, i'm looking forward iether to buy something not too far to 500 to 700$ CAN or a used Amplifier. So some people suggested me these:

- NAD 272 (NEW)700$
- Hafler 9505 (Used) I'll know tomorrow the price
- Jolida JD-302B pure vacuum tube amplifier 945$US

Is there anyone here familiar with Focal JMLab Monitors? And which of these amplifier would you suggest the most and please note, the type of music i work the most is: URBAN (R&B), Pop, Scoring Movie etc.. So in a way i need a good AMP that will translate wide range and have a very good IMAGE sounding with a nice sound transparency, CLEAN. And of course i will keep my active one when i will be mixing then go to my Hi-FI to correct soem things.

If anyone has an idea, your suggestions are more then WELCOME@

Truly

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 9111
Hello Yacoub and welcome to the forum. I am no audiophile so I can't give you a definitive suggestion. But welcome anyway:-)

Canada

Post Number: 3
Hey Berny!!

Thanx a lot for your welcome, much appreciate but i'm sure some fellas audiophile will be able to give me some feedback soon that i will be able to read them tomorrow morning.

Thanx again

Username: Ftalife

Post Number: 1
Waiting to hear the suggestions.

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 1533
Yacoub,

The Focal JmLab 707 is easy to drive. In the retails ector, NAD's amps are clean and neutral. There are lots of others of course and each have their strengths and weaknesses. In the end you should audition the combinations and find the one which suits you.

Regards,
Frank.

Canada

Post Number: 4
HI fellas!!, its Yacoub, just change my profile. Frank, thanx a lot for taking the time to respond and i think this is what i'm gling to do, i'll most important take my time not rush to get the JM LAB etc.. i will first take at leat this month find AMplifers and og and listen against the monitors i want and take my decision.

So i guess that the votes is going more towards NAD amp.

Thank you very much

Username: Galileo7

Post Number: 4
Nice
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us