Question..

Bronze Member
Username: Neworleanshb

New Orleans

Post Number: 19
how much ventilation space is adequate for proper ventilation? i have about 2 inches above the reciever and about the same behind it. is this enough?

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 3691
GH, has your receiver ever shut down?
Lots of gear will do that with heat buildup. Generally, the more the better, some units will protect perhaps a bit prematurely, while others will roast to medium-rare before kacking, rather than protecting.
Heat is only useful to a point, then the boards, capacitors and the other bits begin to degrade at an advanced rate.
If you post your particular receiver, maybe somebody else has some experience to share?

Bronze Member

New Orleans

Post Number: 20
no it has never shut down. I have an HK avr 340.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3693
OK, the H/K should run without too much heat, unless you are cranking it up.
Do you crank it up often?
The unit is tested and spec'd in wide open conditions, some are aux. cooled for the test, depending upon how the unit will 'usually' be used.
If conditions are difficult, ie; loud playing for extended periods, or if you have a cat, I suggest cleaning the unit regularly or having it inspected/cleaned anually.
They are usually quite tough.

Bronze Member

New Orleans

Post Number: 21
no i dont have any animals. i usually listen at -40 to -30, mute is -80 and it goes to +10... so i guess thats about 50%

Bronze Member

New Orleans

Post Number: 22
I sent off the information for the warranty exchange or whatever this past friday and it takes up to 3 business days to get a response. hopefully they dont tell me that whatever the cause is isnt covered by the warranty

Bronze Member

New Orleans

Post Number: 23
anyone ever deal with exchanging a receiver under warranty? is it a hassle?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3695
Sorry, gene, you did not mention a problem with the unit.
Why are you checking warranty?

Bronze Member

New Orleans

Post Number: 24
sorry, i guess i assumed that you remembered from a previous post. lol im such a dummy.
im having problems with my digital audio connections. i get no sound or interrupted sound from any of my digital audio connections.

Bronze Member

New Orleans

Post Number: 25
i decided to move the unit to a more open space. upon unhooking everything i found that 2 of the 4 doors on my opt. connections are broken and the cables are fairly loose.. i have no idea how that happened. about 3 weeks ago the cable guy had to come out and put in an amplifier on my cable box because i had a very weak signal and at the time my receiver was on the same shelf as the box, side by side..... wonder if he messed something up! i'll be pissed if i have to pay for repairs
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us