Integrated phono stage

Username: Andrew_wendt

Bryan/College Station, TX

Post Number: 2
I am quite new to the world of vinyl. I am a college student therefore cannot afford many of the audiophile quality products many of you enjoy yet would like the best my money can buy. I have a Pioneer 514 turntable and have been advised to simply buy a stereo receiver instead of buying a low end preamp such as a ProJect Phono Box or Cambridge Audio 540P. So what brands of stereo receivers have the best integrated phono stage for under $75? I am considering Kenwood from the 90s yet would like your higher knowledge first. Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Two_cents

Post Number: 776
Andrew,

The conventional wisdom says integrated phono stages in pre-CD era receivers are as good or better than today's entry-level phono preamps. I used to have an 80's Parasound receiver that had a good phono stage. I'm not sure what you can get in your price range, but I would be on the look out for a vintage Marantz, Yamaha, Fisher (the earlier models that aren't all plastic), and Scott just to name a few that you might be able to get cheap. If you're really lucky, you might be able to find one at a thrift shop.

You might also post your question on the amp forum. There are knowledgeable folks there.

Good luck!

Username: Daniel_badon

Bc Canada

Post Number: 2
stereo ampli or receiver on pre cd era they are almost made in japan and most of them are much better and cheaper.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us