Upgrade H/K for Mirage speakers

Username: Guitrman

Post Number: 1
I currently have a Harmon Kardon AVR20II which only has ProLogic and over the years I've added all Mirage speakers - 2 OM-10s, 2 AVS 200s on the other side of the room about 23' back and 8' up wall mounted just under the ceiling, a center channel 21" wide by 8" tall (I don't know the model) and finally a 12" subwoofer. I want to keep the speakers, but open for suggestions for maybe later years. All this is in the living room, with hardwood floors, which opens up to dining/kitchen area with a 13' wall on the right separating the kitchen. I do have 2 bookshelf speakers in my bedroom hooked into the system 2 speaker outputs. The question is, what do you suggest I get to replace my Harmon/Kardon for music and surround sound movies for which I'll get an HDTV next year? I prefer American made but that doesn't trump quality/value. I'm open to separates or receivers. I'm a musician sound/mixer of sorts so fidelity is much more important than volume. I could use the H/K to just power the bedroom speakers, but would like to give it to my child. I don't know jargon so much so plain english would be really helpful. I hope to stay around $1,000 but if the value is there am open to go up a bit. Outlaw looks good on the net, Rotel sounded good in a store (but not my speakers and I understand is Chinese), and a salesperson said Marantz is coming out with a great $1,500 receiver next week that will help me eq my room. What to do?

Username: Guitrman

Post Number: 2
Sorry, the supposed new receiver is Pioneer Elite, not Marantz.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us