Help picking a reciever...

Tyler
i'm putting together my first stereo /home theater. right now my main concern is music. i just purchased a set of jbl s38ii's, and i'm confused as to how powerful a reciever i need. i've been looking at the denon avr 1803, and the sony de885. are either of these going to be powerful enough for the speakers? anyone have any other suggestions in that price range?

superfecta
Really,any reciever with 100 watts per channelRMS should be alright.The question is do you want to mainly listen to music or mainly HT?Listen to recievers in your price range and decide for yourself.Some are better at stereo and some are better at HT.Some are about the same at both.Mostly I found the difference was in the extras,not the power.Extras meaning control functions,ease of use ,things like that.But make sure you stay with JBL speakers since you have JBL mains,it makes it easier to get a proper balance in soundstage when in HT modes.

G.DawG
If you are looking at power DO NOT GET SONY they are junk!they might sond nice because the lie in ratings they make in a test(which sony rated their reciever@110x6 it came out to 31x6 get the Kenwood VR-6070 its good with music but AMAZING with HT read the huge thread.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us