Matching A Sub With B&W 804s System

Username: Sigpikul

Post Number: 6
So I've got my setup all done, except I haven't decided on what subwoofer to get. The rest of the system is B&W 804s Front Speakers, B&W HTM7 Center Channel, B&W CCM65 Surround Speakers, NAD T163 7.1 Pre-Amp, NAD T973 7-Channel Amp. What subwoofers would you recommend to match this system? When I listen to music I listen to it in 2 channel without a subwoofer, so the sub will be primarily for watching movies, so I would like something that will punch me in the chest. The subwoofer will be positioned front center in a custom cabinet enclosure. The room has hardwood floors, is 14 feet high, 18 feet wide and 22 feet long, but it also opens up into the dining room and the kitchen. And even though I want the sub for strictly movies, I don't want it to loose any of its musical properties, as I enjoy my scores in my movies to be reproduced well. My budget for the subwoofer is $750 without tax or shipping. I tend to prefer front firing subwoofers, but I am open to whatever will sound best, thank you in advance for any input.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 8820
Do some research on HSU subwoofers. Should integrate well with your system.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us