$750 Left For Subwoofer, What Should I Get?

Username: Sigpikul

Post Number: 4
So I've got my setup all done, except I haven't decided on what subwoofer to get. The rest of the system is B&W 804s Front Speakers, B&W HTM7 Center Channel, B&W CCM65 Surround Speakers, NAD T163 7.1 Pre-Amp, NAD T973 7-Channel Amp. What subwoofers would you recommend to match this system? When I listen to music I listen to it in 2 channel without a subwoofer, so the sub will be primarily for watching movies, so I would like something that will punch me in the chest. The whole setup is in a pretty big room that is open to the kitchen and the back deck, and I have hard-wood floor. The subwoofer will be positioned front center in a custom cabinet enclosure. I tend to prefer front firing subwoofers, but I am open to whatever will sound best, thank you in advance for any input.

Username: Sigpikul

Post Number: 5
Oh, The room is 14 feet high, 18 feet wide and 22 feet long, but it also opens up into the dining room and the kitchen. And even though I want the sub for strictly movies, I don't want it to loose any of its musical properties, as I enjoy my scores in my movies to be reproduced well.

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 4341
Hsu VTF-3 would fit the bill perfectly.

hsuresearch.com

An SVS in the same price range might go lower and louder for the deep deep movie bass, but is sometimes criticized for their music perfomance.

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 8879

http://www.us.alegriaaudio.com/Tom%20Subwoofer.htm

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 3468
With the B&W gear, anything less than REL would be a shame.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 3469
Sorry Sig, just reread for movies only. My bad.
See above suggestions.
Nice setup, BTW!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us