Onkyo TX-SR603X problem

Username: Demono

Post Number: 2
I have a weird problem with my Onkyo TX-SR603X receiver. The problem is that I get a picture loss for a few seconds while watching TV. Basically the picture goes black for about 5 second however the sound stays. The picture loss is very inconsistent. It happens sporadically and sometimes very frequently.
I have a Pansat FTA satellite receiver connected to the Onkyo receiver via S video cable. Then from the Onkyo to the TV via component cables. I also tried using composite video cables from the Pansat to the Onkyo and same thing happens. I also replaced both cables(S video and component) and the issue also continues.
On the other hand I have a DVD player connected via component to the Onkyo and then component to the TV. While watching from DVD i don't have the picture loss.
I have not tested by connecting my DVD player via S video or composite to see if this issue would continue.
I took the Onkyo receiver for repair and the repair service company has not been able to duplicate the problem. I am not sure anymore if it is my Onkyo receiver or the FTA receiver.
Please help if anyone has an idea about this issue.

Demono

Post Number: 3
Sorry, I also forgot to mention that I connected the Pansat FTA satellite receiver directly to TV via S video and composite and the issue does not exist. I also tried changing from Video 1 to 2 to 3 on the Onkyo but the problem was there.

Demono

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 8718
You need to connect directly to the TV and bypass the Onkyo altogether.

Post Number: 4
Do you mean the video portion only?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 8720
Yes
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us