Strange subwoofer acoustics

Username: Mcfurynz

Post Number: 1
I have a small bedroom, 8'x12' probably, and have a nice budget setup with an HK 3380, Athena AS-B2, and a Velodyne DPS10. There arent many good places to put the subwoofer because of my computer desk.

The sub isnt that loud, but when i stand in my doorway, I guess the room's full acoustics really make a difference and there is HUGE bass, but only in my doorway.

The way I have it set up now is it blends very nicely with my music, but I'm afraid I'll push the sub too far when it's cranked up. At loud levels, the sub really gets moving and i'm afraid of over driving it.

I guess what i'm asking is I guess i have zero room gain where I listen, but huge gain in my doorway about 5 feet away, and should I be worried about listening at loud volumes with no room gain to help the sub volume.

I know its hard to find a question in all of that, but my room's acoustics are just very screwy and I dont want to kill my sub.

Thanks!

Silver Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 677
Max

If you can't move it there's not a lot you can do. Here's a place to start that might help:

http://www.audioholics.com/techtips/setup/loudspeakers/subwooferplacementguide.p hp
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us