I have a setup ? please help

Bronze Member
Username: Jayosa

Post Number: 64
i have the athena asb2 bookshelfs ...two in the fronts and two as surounds...my ? is do i set them as large speakers or small on the reciever....someone told me to set them up as large bur im not sure...i have them set on large and im not sure if thats the reason my subwoofer seems to sound out of tune with bass when i play music..if u have this speaker or you know please help

Gold Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 1657
With a frequency response down to 50 Hz or so, I'd set them to small in almost every case. Or you may prefer music with them set to large with no sub depending on your setup.

Gold Member
Username: Timn8ter

Seattle, WA USA

Post Number: 1024
Typically, the "large" setting on A/V receivers is intended for speakers that don't require a subwoofer to play the entire musical range. In the case of your Athena's I agree with Peter.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3978
Which reciever do you have ?

Bronze Member
Username: Jayosa

Post Number: 66
i have the HK avr330....do did u guys mean i should set the frequency response to 50hz on my receiver and set them as small....that way i can get better bass from the subwoofers....

Gold Member
Username: Timn8ter

Seattle, WA USA

Post Number: 1026
Set the crossover well above the low frequency rating of your fronts. 80Hz works well for many speakers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us