Speaker Recs

Username: Dain

Post Number: 1
So this is my first post and since I'm mostly lost (but have been trying to read up lots) I thought I ask for some help~

I recently bought the Athena Micra system to start a modest HT because it seemed like a good deal ($300CAN from futureshop) and positive reviews for the price range. Obviously budget is limited but after reading a lot here, I thought maybe I could come up with something better?

The room is fairly small, so I was favoring something unobtrusive like the Athenas, and also bass is not as much of a concern as I can't shake any walls in any case (living in an apartment). But usage would be about 50-30-20 music / movies / games so I thought I should perhaps go with bookshelves instead of the small sattelites?

So my question I guess is, how much better will music (I listen to anything but jazz) sound with something like the Infinity Primus 150, which I see recommended here a fair bit for budget bookshelves? And do I need to go with matching center channel and surrounds, and how much to spend on each of those?

And finally.. if I do stay with the Athena micras, will I notice a difference between something like the Panasonic VSX-816 or something bigger like the 1015TX?

Any input is greatly appreciated.. thanks :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us