NAD C352 Owners

Username: Padi89

Post Number: 4
Just wondering if the NAD C352 is able to take banana plugs?.I have looked through the manual and only pin and bare wire are mentioned.

Does something have to be done to the speaker terminations on the Amp for them to accept Banana plugs?

Thanks in Advance.

Silver Member
Username: Daniel_canada

Canada

Post Number: 153
It will take banana plugs.

Post Number: 5
How exactly do you go about fitting banana plugs?Ive have unscrewed the binding posts as far out as they will go but they dont come off.Do they need to be clipped off or something?
Sorry if this seems a bit stupid,its my first amp and i dont want to put any unnessecary force on any parts.Thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Musicluvr

Post Number: 72
Patrick,

Check this link for some pictures that should be helpful.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-audio/180592.html#POST534327

Silver Member
Username: Hannjeff

Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 141
Since were talking about the C352, whats your opinions, good, bad? Im looking espically for quality and power. The only think stopping me is the idea of runnign a seperate pre and pwoer amp, to add scalability, since I will be bi-amping within a year. Oh, if you want to know, this will be for a pair of paradigm monitor 9's

Username: Asellus

AucklandNew Zealand

Post Number: 3
Generally very good. Recently bought the Nad c352 and 542 CD combition. The sound is "silky smooth" as if everything has been polished.Very little distortion/coarsness. THe whole audiospectrum is presented equally. Nothing "stands out", ie no thumping bass and no brash treble. When I first starting listening to it straight out of the box, my initial view was like listening to a tape with the dolby on, as if the sound was heavily filtered.
Now, some days on I have got used to this "soft sound", as all the detail in the music is there, but without the accompanying coarsness or edgyness present in other hifi gear.
Turning down the volume, the amp still retains warmth, body and presence, there is no thinning out of the sound.
Similarly, when upping the volume the Nad retains its dignity right the way up.Again there is little to knock this combo off track.
In general, with this combintation you end up listening to the music, not the hifi.
If you like smooth refined sound the 542/352 combination is recommended.

Silver Member

Canada

Post Number: 156
Just push it in. (no jokes please!)

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 3437
Jokes?

Silver Member

Canada

Post Number: 161
"She said." <<< Jokes like that! :-)

Post Number: 6
Thanks for that ctanaka it helped me out alot.I just didnt know the plugs needed to be taken out.Alls up and running now for the last week or so,i just forgot to post and say thanks.

Username: Audnov

Post Number: 1
Hi I run the C352 with Magnepan MGII speakers and Jamo D4 active sub and to date just love the result. I cannot afford an overly expensive amp and am glad for the NAD C352 :-).

Gold Member
Username: Joe_c

Atlanta, GA USA

Post Number: 1194
I love that sub, bought mine about a year ago and have been super pleased with it.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 5120
RS, that amp will run those Maggies all day long. Solid performer for a smart price.

I came up short on specs for the Jamo, any links?

Gold Member

Atlanta, GA USA

Post Number: 1196
http://www.qualifi.com.au/index.jsp?referrer=1009&section=brands&page=product_de tail&product=1491

Gold Member

Atlanta, GA USA

Post Number: 1198
Upload

Username: Audnov

Post Number: 2
Yep Joe, thats the Jamo D4 alright :-). I think the specs say it goes down to 22 or 27 Hz....not that it really makes a big difference to the human at that freq huh :-)? I paid $899.00 Aust for it and that is apparently about 50% off the regular price so I was told...hope I was not taken for a ride but it is a pleasing unit all the same...has twin 8" drivers (downward shooting) and I think a 400watt amp built in...I think ...I am not really up with the technical side of things I am afraid.). Happy listening to all on the forum....catch you guys next time.
RS.

Gold Member

Atlanta, GA USA

Post Number: 1217
RS, I have a dvd setup disc with many different test tones. Onthe low frequency sweep, this sub was hammering down to 24hz and still had noticeable thump below that. I am really happy with this one. I got mine for $650 USD when my local high end shop was going out of business (sad to say the BB and CC's of the world win out with most of the buying population) and have never seen another go for that low. I would say you got a great deal\ considering it retails for about $1700

Gold Member

Atlanta, GA USA

Post Number: 1246
RS, you may be interested in this:http://www.psaudio.com/cart/ProductDisplay.asp?productID=80

I plan to order this to replace the stock cord on the Jamo since it's so weasily.

Username: Markdavid

Post Number: 3
it will by all means
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us