DAC and pc source

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 3322
Hi all.
I will soon purchase a Classe transport and DAC.
The option of input from a dedicated pc is very appealing. The DAC accepts all inputs including toslink.
Should I decide to go forward, what pc source of music should I use, which program will be most useful including edit functions and which connection is most effective?

Thanks.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3329

Gold Member

Post Number: 3355
One more try.
Berny!
I want to feed a digital signal from a pc into the digital input(co-ax) of the DAC.
What type of files are the very best stereo, and what type of card /pc/software shall I use?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 8636
ah...this is the unreturned phone calls:-)

As far as stereo file types, they are all claiming to be the best, again you will be determining that. But if you are going to encode from an original source just do the lossless rip that your particular software can provide.

As far as sound cards go, I like the Creative Labs X-Fi Fatal1ty. Impressive signal to noise ratio and great connectivity with receivers having optical digital inputs AND coaxial digital inputs. THD is is extremely low. Can convert files to 24-bit/96khz quality, big drawback, if the recording is lousy to begin with...it enhances the crapiness as well :-) . Includes a THX certified decoder as well as DD-EX and DTS-ES. There are also products from Turtle Beach that have been viewed favorably, but I have not tried them.

You would need a 256 RAM as a minimum. 512 is highly recommended. The whole package will include the software you will need.

Why do you want to do this, though? Music from your PC? WHO ARE YOU??? :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 8637
The ripper included in the bundle has a great lossless format.

...and what did you do with the real Nuck???

Gold Member

Post Number: 3381
Berny, thanks for answering the knock.
If you have a chance, would you pm or email me ?

The old gear is out the door and a new transDAC is coming in. The DAC opens the door for digital files, and so far as I have read, the format is viable and can be very good.
The new kit is all Classe, transDAC to amp(CA200 amp, CP50 pre), and I want to use the pc digital out to feed the DAC.
I have a spare laptop, but can dedicate a pc if need be.

Thanks.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8669
Haven't played around with DACs, yet.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us