Upgrade from PDR-8

Bronze Member
Username: Hannjeff

Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 77
OK, I need some opinions. I just took my new sound system home, im lovign it. However, the Paradigm PDR-8 sub is not as powerfull and loud as I would like. I have the option for getting a PDR-10 for $100 more. However, I would perfer a PW-1100, or a PS-2100. Whats your opinions?

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 4298
Paradigm's PDR subs are pretty anemic, I'd just get something from Hsu or SVS starting at $400 and up.

If that's too much look at the Athena subs and the Acoustech H100.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 84
I just upgraded to a pw-2100. Its being delivered to my house tomorro morning. How much of a improvmetn am I going to hear. Im expecting alot more thump, and same quality.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4299
I'm curious, how much was the pw-2100?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 86
$400 more than what I paid for the pdr8, I dont remember off hand (paperwork is home), but I believe it is costing $800 for the pw-2100. If thats wrong, ill correct it when I go home.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4300
ouch, I hope you'll be ecstatic with it in that case. Same cost as a top of the line Hsu VTF-3 or SVS PB12-NSD/V.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 89
Im talking canadian currency as well.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 90
The numbers on teh top hsu looks about the same as the pw-2100. Plus the fact that the store near me dont carry hsu, so ide have to pay shipping on a 80lb sub? That would be eash a couple hundread. I rememer geettign my pocket shipped from teh states, after customes, cost me $100! And that weighed in at qwell under a pound. Plus 700us si about 800cad, so I spent teh same ammoutn.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4301
ah, Canadian currency...ok that explains a lot.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 3253
eh

Gold Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 1630
Hsu have a Canadian distributor, and some stores have them too. I got my Hsu STF-3 shipped from the distributor near Toronto about 18 months ago. I paid the Canadian list price, with free shipping and no PST. The sub had a few scratches on it when it arrived, so the distributor offered to replace it or refund C$200 plus GST. Since it worked fine, I accepted the refund.

The Hsu STF-3 blows a PDR-10 away; no competition. I didn't get a proper demo of the PW-2100 or 2200.

Silver Member

Post Number: 107
Well, I have the PW-2100 in my house right now. However its a floor model that hasent been broken in. The guy dropped the enw on comming up the stairs, so they ordered a new one and gave me the demo model. Even when I first got it, it was amazing. The bass was so nice, so tight, so powerfull. The sub is pretty frigging big, but thats just fine. The guy can really shake the house when I turn it up to 1/3 volume!!! Normally I keep it at, 1/4 tops (still feel it in the sofa if I turn the reciever up). I really love it. Just for the same of conversation, can you send me a link to the canadian distributer of hsu? Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 1632
The Canadian distributor is www.hi-fidelity.com and you may contact them for a list of retailers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us