Budget\value subwoofer?

Username: Nimo

Post Number: 1
Hello everyone, I am new to HT and been reading up on the forums everyday now. Thanks to all of you ecoustic guys and AVSforums, I have been quite a bargain humter.

A brief background: two weeks ago, a neighbor gave a new set of the infamous "Digital Audio 2002" speakers (a.k.a. the HT speakers from the back of white van) to me. I quickly google them found out the real truth. I felt like I got ripped off from reading other people's experience even though I got them for free. Well then I had to get a receiver to try them out. Next, one thing lead to another and I got caught into the trend.

So I now own a Panasonic SA-XR55 AVR and a Insignia NS-B2111 front L/R bookshelf speaker. I am still breaking them in. While not including the cables, my main investment w/ shipping (dest. Hawaii) is still under $300. The speakers temporarily sits on top of my dining chairs. I am in the process of building speaker stands from left over plywood and 2X4s.

From what read from Edster, (btw thanks Edster for the tips) the dayton 10" seems to be alright for an entry level sub. Are there any other subs out there that will match my bargain system (bang for the buck)? I am gradually replacing all of the POS "Digital Audio" speakers. When times get better, I think about the Ascend 170 or the Athenas B1.2 for the fronts then move the Insignia to rear surround.

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 4294
You're very welcome.

I'd try the Athena AS-P4000 sub, it should be a little tighter than the Dayton and about the same price. Check amazon.com and audioadvisor.com as well as pricegrabber.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us