REL subwoofer

Username: Tobsco

UK

Post Number: 2
I have just bought a Q50 sub, REL recomend using the high level inputs however this requires a neutrik speakon connection, the cheapest I can find is on ebay for £20, over a third of what I payed for the sub which I find quite rediculous. I am now going to make the cable myself using the speakon plug but was wondering what wire to use.

Using my basic physics knowlage I came to the conclusion that it really doesn't matter very much at all as firstly the cable will carry next to no current due to the 100kohm input resistance of the amp so it doesn't need to be that thick and any inductant/capacitant component of the impedance will be insignificant with the huge resistive component. Also is doesn't need to be shielded as the voltages in the signal will be many times that of any interference that is picked up.

My conclusion is that simple 3A mains cable will be quite sufficient.
If anyone could comment on this I would be very gratefull or if this is not the best place to post then if you could piont me in the direction of where would be.
Thanks.

Toby

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 3209
Did you try the low level anyhow, Toby?

Username: Tobsco

UK

Post Number: 3
The low levels work but it recomends that the the high level inputs are used where possible and as i would have to buy a new interconect anyway i thought it would be best to go with what the engineers had in mind.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us