Paradigm and pioneer!!!

Username: Elite

Post Number: 3
I am buying a set of paradigm studio 100's and have a pioneer elite 47tx ultra 2 reciever.
any thoughts on this combo?
I am setting the paradigm's right next to my klipsh chorus 2's and hooking the up to the b channel on my reciever. this will be great depending on the type of music i want to play i can select the best speaker for the job. playing super loud i dont think anything compares to klipsh chorus 2. And the same can be said for the clarity of the paradigms. could there possibly be magnetic interference by placing speaker closly together?
thanks for any ideas!

Bronze Member
Username: Robertinchico

Post Number: 52
There probably will be very MINOR magnetic influence if they are really close, but it will never be sonically apparent. It'll depend on the cabinets and any magnetic shielding. In auditioning the Paradigms Studio 100's in version 1,2,3 - I never did care for them, even in different shops, different audiophile equipment and with my own cable and in different acoustic environments. What is it that people find so appealing about the 100's?

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 390
Joe,
Have you bought the 100's yet? I would not recommend Paradigm's with Elite. Much to laid back for me.

Username: Elite

Post Number: 6
what would you suggest?

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 391
Joe,
I would suggest Monitor Audio Silver and Gold series, Dynaudio Audience series and Def Tech of the brands available in my area. I love Paradigm's but just feel they don't work nearly as well with the Elite's as they others. I have a Elite 45 with the Monitor silvers and really think it's a perfect combination. Give them and the Gold's a listen and I think you'll agree.

Silver Member
Username: Gman

Mt. Pleasant, SC

Post Number: 495
As the amp section of the 47TX is the same as the amp section of my 49TXi you might try the Monitor Audio Gold Reference 10 bookshelf speakers. I have two pair and the MA GR center. They sound terrific in my room (15 x 25 x 9 feet). The GR center really fills in beautifully with the GR 10's.

There is a site--aboutgizmos.com that sells the GR10's at $1170/pr, although I might pay slightly more to get them from Kief's--a very good and reliable company with full warranty authorization.

If the price is a little high you might try the Silver bookshelf speakers---but I truly love the GR10's and the GR center.

I originally tried Paradigm 40's and 60's and ended up greatly preferring the MA GR10's. And you can blast these speakers with the Elite and not get any break-up----just ringing ears. For some reason, unbeknownst to me, they just seem to work great with the 49TXi--which should mean they will work equally great with the 47TX. But I do also use a HSU VTF-3 with them (mostly for movies).

But at this price level there are a number of very good speakers. Nothing comes down to personal taste more than speakers.

Oddly enough, I have a more expensive set-up downstairs--yet I and everyone else I know loves both watching DVD's and listening to surround DVD-A's and SACD';s on the upstairs MA GR10 system. Maybe it is just a very fortunate acoustic mix in the room--I can't explain why.

Silver Member
Username: Gman

Mt. Pleasant, SC

Post Number: 496
As the amp section of the 47TX is the same as the amp section of my 49TXi you might try the Monitor Audio Gold Reference 10 bookshelf speakers. I have two pair and the MA GR center. They sound terrific in my room (15 x 25 x 9 feet). The GR center really fills in beautifully with the GR 10's.

There is a site--aboutgizmos.com that sells the GR10's at $1170/pr, although I might pay slightly more to get them from Kief's--a very good and reliable company with full warranty authorization.

If the price is a little high you might try the Silver bookshelf speakers---but I truly love the GR10's and the GR center.

I originally tried Paradigm 40's and 60's and ended up greatly preferring the MA GR10's. And you can blast these speakers with the Elite and not get any break-up----just ringing ears. For some reason, unbeknownst to me, they just seem to work great with the 49TXi--which should mean they will work equally great with the 47TX. But I do also use a HSU VTF-3 with them (mostly for movies).

But at this price level there are a number of very good speakers. Nothing comes down to personal taste more than speakers.

Oddly enough, I have a more expensive set-up downstairs--yet I and everyone else I know loves both watching DVD's and listening to surround DVD-A's and SACD';s on the upstairs MA GR10 system. Maybe it is just a very fortunate acoustic mix in the room--I can't explain why.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us