Pioneer Elite 55txi

Bronze Member
Username: Shorty

Sanford, Florida US

Post Number: 17
Can the input levels on the PE 55txi be set so that all sources come out at the same volume?

Bronze Member

Sanford, Florida US

Post Number: 18
bump

Bronze Member
Username: Harbolt

Arlington, TX U.S.

Post Number: 59
No, they cannot. I have the VSX53 and this is one thing that I am very disappointed about. With my old HK, I could set different levels for different inputs but with the Pioneer Elite, I cannot. I have to turn the volume for movies and video way up but if I switch over to tuner with it at that level, I almost bust my eardrums. You would think that Pioneer Elite would take some hints from some of their competitors.

Brent

Bronze Member

Sanford, Florida US

Post Number: 19
Thanks Brent, I was afraid of that.

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 399
Of course you have to turn up the volume for movies as you are asking the receiver to drive 5 or more channels at a high sound level. There is nothing unusual in that. Just turn it up! What's the fuss about? Jeez.

Bronze Member

Sanford, Florida US

Post Number: 20
I guess you've never switched from CD/DVD/TV to tuner and been blasted out of the room. The tuner is rediculously loud for a receiver of this caliber. Wonderful receiver, just needs input level adjustments.

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 401
This is not a subject for us Elite owners to argue about and that's not my intention. After all I've had enough arguements on this site with fans of other brands[ie.Yamaha] to argue with those intelligent enough to buy Elite's but I will say that after owning one of these great receivers for a time I would think one would know to turn the volume down before switching to another input that is louder. Every receiver I have owned[lots] has been this way. If I could pick one feature I wish Elite would include it would be a rec out selector. I do miss that from my past Onkyo, Denon and even Yamaha's.

Unregistered guest
correct me if im wrong , but you can set movie or music surround at differnt levels on the 53tx.
the you +or- the 6 or 8 channels to match the switching inputs

Silver Member
Username: Gman

Mt. Pleasant, SC

Post Number: 551

I have both a Pioneer Elite 49TXi and an Aragon Stage One pre-amp (in my 2 set-ups)and I normally fiddle with the volume for whatever component or recording I am listening to as they all sound better to me at different volumes (probably due to the way they were recorded, the difference in attached component load (whether cd player, dvd player, turntable, tuner, etc), or the broadcast anomalies.

To be honest I never even thought of it as an issue or problem--other than when watching programs on tv the commercials are often a lot louder.

Silver Member
Username: Kegger

MICHIGAN

Post Number: 372
i wouldn't consider it a problem but i do agree
shorty that it can be annoying."if they are that
different"

and i'm kinda surprised that you can't set seperate
levels on certain inputs.

i haven't looked at which ones do this so i don't
know how many brands do,except that my hk525 does.

i guess i just took it for granted that they all
had this feature as standard on new recievers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us