Hawk.......advice ( gma.europa)

jam
Unregistered guest
hawk
i have read the thread below about the gma europa,im planing for a 5.1 system,if ill go for the europa for fronts, can you advice me a center and rear speaker that would match yamaha rxv1400 and the gma europa.thanks in advance.

Unregistered guest
Jam, why not call Green Mountain and ask Roy his recomendations? Heres the phone number:
(719) 636-2500 No worries about your knowledge base vs his, you'll find him very easy to talk to. He will steer you in the right direction. One of the great things about his designs is the fact that he has put in the required time in listening as well as applied physics so that his speakers sound good... if your using the $10K Edge amp or a $200.00 reciever. How many other speakers can claim that? He also has spent years in recording studios so he knows how music is recorded. He knows music inside and out. You hear people talk all the time about one amp being a bad match for a certian speaker, but what are they saying? My experience has shown me that those so called "bad" matches are generally an amp that more clearly reveals that certian speakers crossover problems or phase error's. So, yeah, it's a bad match, but so is every other amp for that speaker, just to a lessor degree. I always say "Don't shoot the messenger if you don't like the message" Roy can give you advice based on your system, musical tastes, room size, etc. I'm sure you'll enjoy talking to him. ope this helps.

Unregistered guest
Maui,

What are you using to drive your GMA's? (And what would you recommend in a decent price range?)

Unregistered guest
Marc, right now i'm using an Acuras A-200 power amp with an audiophile straight line pre-amp. No tone controls; no balance; no loudness button. Straight in-straight out. Any amp will work with them, but they do like power, so i'd say 75-100 watts will suffice. More if possible. The speakers are very revealing of inter-connecting cables, so get a good pair of RCA's, not cheap stuff. This is one speaker that will sound fine with cheaper electronics and awesome with the really high dollar stuff. You won't be dissapointed.

Unregistered guest
Maui,

Got it. (The more you speak of how good they sound with anything, the more thrilled I am.)

Care to suggest some cables and interconnects that will do the job, yet not break my bank?

Thanks and regards.

Unregistered guest
Marc, i've been pleased with Franks' offerings from Signal Cable. For $49.00 for a half meter pair of interconnects, i'm very impressed. He offers a money back deal, so all you'd be out is shipping. Here's the web site:
http://www.signalcable.com
And here's a review on the product I stumbled across.
http://www.stereotimes.com/
Steve Hoffman of DCC classics fame is also offering some cables he loves on his forum located here:
http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/index.php?s=27f2fc98be32ee07a0eb269f5bbe3586
Have not listened to the Hoffman product but he is a very respected recording engineer.
Good luck

Unregistered guest
maui,

thanks very much. that pretty much rounds out my research...

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us