Please, help me in my decision!!!

Username: Argento

Post Number: 8
I satisfied with my system's performance with the movies, but I want to improve the sound with music.
The system in question is: receiver Yamaha RXV-595 and Tannoys Mercury M5.
My actually options (with similar budgets)are:

Option 1: Replace the receiver with a good one (Marantz, Elite, HK) for music and movies kepping my speakers
Option 2: Purchase a budget stereo integrated amp (or pre/amp) replacing the speakers with a better ones and kepping the receiver for the movies
Option 3: Purchase a good stereo integrated amp (or pre/amp)and kepping the receiver and speakers

I really appreciate any help.

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 101
I would recommend you to either change your receiver to a Marantz or NAD (especially for multichannel music DVD-A/SACD), or get a new good stereo integrated amp (your Yamaha does not have pre-outs?) and keep your speakers. What is your budget?

Post Number: 9
Hi, Landroval, thanks for your answer.
Mi receiver doesn't have pre-outs (that would make a difference) and my budget is around $1000.

Silver Member

Post Number: 105
The Marantz SR5400OSE or the NAD T743/T753 would be the easiest choice and they will produce amazing sound quality, a lot better than any other receiver <$1000. If possible go listen them for yourself.

Post Number: 10
I agree with you about the SR5400's quality. I didn't listen either the OSE version or NAD, but the 5400 standard has much better stereo sound than my Yamaha.

Anybody have another opinion?

Silver Member

Post Number: 108
I would say that the difference between 5400 and 5400OSE is quite amazing. The 5400 is just an above average AVR, while the OSE-version is something really special.

BTW do you have just two speakers or a multichannel system?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
I have a 5.1 system with all Tannoys: two M5, MC and two M1 and a sub Yamaha.

It's hard for me find the OSE version and NAD equipment.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Come on, guys!!! I need your help!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Ghiacabriolet

NC

Post Number: 62
A few years ago, I gave away a Yamaha RXV795 because I was unhappy with the music reproduction and found myself rarely using the HT portion. I replaced it with a 2 channel NAD c350 which ended up being a huge upgrade in terms of audio quality.

Recently, I've decided to explore the multichannel world of DVD-A/SACD so I have purchased an A/V receiver. My choice, after considering Rotel, was the NAD T763, which I purchased online at http://www.kiefs.com.

An online, authorized dealer for both Marantz and NAD is http://www.hipposaudiovideo.com

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Thanks for your answer Ghia!

So, Do you think the best option is replace the receiver?

I want to improve the stereo sound, but I want a HT proccesor too, so a 2 channel integrated alone is not an option.

Thanks for the links, but I'm out of US.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
Somebody has another opinion?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us