Hawk-Driving M5's with NAD 752

Username: Nad_newbie

Post Number: 2
I have an NAD 752 and need to know if it will drive M5's. I found a killer deal and really want to get them, but I just want to be sure since it is a no refund type thing. Also, any information regarding imaging (during stereo music), clarity (especially with the center channel during movies), and depth would be great. Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Hawk

Highlands Ranch, CO USA

Post Number: 544
Newbie:

Yes, that is actually a very nice combo, so if you have had a killer deal offered, I would be inclined to get it.

The M5s are incredibly accurate and detailed. I mean you hear everything! So if a musician coughs or slides his feet on the floor and the engineer didn't filter it all out, you will hear it. The clarity is top drawer. The soundstage is also first rate, as the stage is both deep and wide. I recommended this system to a buddy of mine (752 w/3 M-5s across the front) and we can pick out where the musician is standing on stage in several of his live recordings--it really is remarkable for this price speaker. The only weakness in this speaker, IMO, is that it doesn't go real low in the bass (like so many others). I rate its bass extension at only average. Now, don't get me wrong, it has sufficient bass for most applications, but in stereo it isn't going down to 40 hz, for instance. It is really a bookshelf speaker, so don't expect tower speaker performance in the bass. But this is a very small quibble. If these speakers had fit my listening room (my wife says no towers and no standmounts), I would have purchased these guys a long time ago. They are a great match for the 752, as well, as the NAD has more than enough power to make the M-5s sing!

Good luck!

Username: Nad_newbie

Post Number: 3
Hawk:

Thanks for the reply, one more question...

I am also really considering the Stratus Silver Mini's. The 3 M5's will cost me around $900.00. The Stratus package will be a couple of hundred more. In this case, would you go with the PSB's or the M5's?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us