Parasound Halo (C-2, A51) vs Lexicon (MC-4, LX-7)

Username: Halej

MackenbachGermany

Post Number: 5
Hoping for some help on this. I thought i was pretty set on purchasing the parasound set-up for a future upgrade. However, I've been reading up and like some of the info and features outlined for the Lexicon gear. especially the ability of the LX-7 to bridge channels for added flexibility. These systems are roughly the price/performance class I am looking at. Associated equipment : Denon 3910 player, Outlaw audio ICBM, Canton Vento 809 front,805 center,802 surround, Three Onix Rocket UFW-10's subwoofers. Currently using NAD 763 Reciever.

Current sound is very nice but looking to get to the next level with more accurate digital processing, sound stage, and layering. I am about 75% music and 25 % movie.

Thanks for your help and suggestions
John

Username: Rg6mains

Post Number: 2
John,I have the Halo C2 and A51. Almost 2 years now. In a word FANTASTIC!. Great tech support and technical help. I also bought the T3 Tuner. Using all balanced outputs. Best investment Ive made for the home theater.

John

MackenbachGermany

Post Number: 10
Hey John- thanks for the reply. I punched up this thread forgetting I had started it. Sounds like your a real fan of the parasound. I like the look. not sure I'll ever get to hear any of these units until I purchase them because I'm currently in Germany and will return to Great Falls, MT next year. Both places not too accessable to either product. Can you recommend a purchase location? Did you try unbalanced inputs first? If so did you
notice apreciable difference?

Thanks again for the response

Username: Rg6mains

Post Number: 3
John: No, never used the unbalanced inputs. If your budget can allow them always use the balanced inputs. Go to Audioadvisor.com. They are a authorized dealer and can ship them out in less than 3 days.

Good Luck!
J.

Bronze Member

MackenbachGermany

Post Number: 12
John- Thank you -- I'll Check them out.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us